The Social Media Manager is absolutely vital for any company that wants to provide quality relations with potential customers interacting with the company.
The Social Media Manger is the person that handles the presence of the brand over the different social media channels.
The Social Media Manager is often defined as the voice of the company, but also they are the ears of the company because they are responsible for spreading the message of the brand throughout the social networks.
At the same time, they must listen to customers and collect their opinions to analyse the data and provide feedback to the community in accordance to the goals of the company.
The Social Media Manager is also the moderator of the users, fans or customers and just because of this continuous contact with the community, they probably have the best knowledge about the consumers of the brand and their potential customers.
For all these reasons, the Social Media Manager must be the person that deeply knows the history of the company the philosophy of the company the products of the company, the main competitors of the company and the market where the company takes part.
Duties & Tasks of the Social Manager
Some of the main responsibilities of the perfect social media manager are:
- Respond to and interact with the users of the social media channels in the fastest and most efficient possible way.
- Create content, not only for the social networks, but in many occasions, also for the company’s blog.
- Manage the online reputation of the brand day by day, building the confidence of the consumers to the brand, as well as in the key moments like when a crisis situation is happening.
- Moderate the conversation on the social channels always with correct manners, and this implies to take important decisions over how to respond, what comments can be allowed and which needs to be censored or deleted, etc.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Essential Skills To Become A Successful Social Media Manager.| #socialmedia #cmo #marketing” quote=”Essential Skills Of A Successful Social Media Manger.” theme=”style7″]
Top 10 Skills of the Perfect Social Media Manager
Being the perfect Social Media Manager is a matter of traits and attitudes, and the most important are:
1. Must be passionate about communication and happy to work and interact with people.
2. Full command of Social Media channels management. Must feel like a fish in the water in terms of the use of and familiarity with the social media channels.
3. Customer Service knowledge, this is a key skills in order to covey the right message and the appropriate solution to the users of our brand.
4. Copywriting skills to create engaging stories and messages.
5. Technical abilities in order to efficiently manage digital tools and be able to adapt to the continuous changes in the digital platforms.
6. Graphic design abilities, since today the most part of the social media content is about images and video.
7. Ability to listen, and curiosity to investigate and find information on the internet.
8. Writing skills. Correction when writing, perfect grammar and punctuation skills; able to check grammar tools.
9. Analytical skills, must be able to create reports based on data obtained in the social channels, in order to make better decisions for future actions.
10. Must possess own initiative to be up to date in technology and in other digital marketing trends and news as well as in social media bogs and other information sources.
Essential Skills Of The Social Media Manager
Duties and Tasks of the Social Manager